My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected immediately. If not, visit
http://maryhoneyballmep.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday 28 August 2008

INTERNS AND THE LSE

All MEPs get many applications for work experience each year. I generally employ one stagiaire (trainee) in Brussels from autumn to spring each year on a fixed term contract. In the United Kingdom I have worked for several years with the London School of Economics. I have consistently been happy with the quality of graduates and postgraduates who have assisted me with my work.

I also receive great assistance from the LSE when selecting staff to ensure that the interns match my requirements. For anyone going to or at LSE wanting to apply to be an intern passion, commitment and wanting to change the world are the qualities I am especially attracted to!

As someone who promotes the use of new technology and flexible working practices I look for adaptability. There is no place for interns to just be standing by the photocopier or doing the simple repetitive tasks in the office. I always ensure that they are involved in policy and research work.

I was pleased to be involved in the celebration of 10 years of the LSE Intern scheme and I attach my page from their commemorative brochure.

My thanks for all their work to Emma Brannlund, Sarah Kellogg and Jillian London. Next years interns will have a very high standard to match!

http://maryhoneyball.net/lse-page.pdf

No comments: